Sunday, April 12, 2015

Candice on Cancer, Part V

Well, this is it guys. The final instalment of the transcript of Candice’s ‘Statera Podcast’ interview. I’m surprised that so many of you read it. It’s almost as though you’ve been trained to do so by some kind of top secret government agency. Well done, comrades!

I’m really hopeful that now that all this data is in print for posterity, it can help others to piece this story together. Auma has already prepared some stellar detective work for your perusal.

Even Candice has acknowledged that some significant errors regarding her story have made it into print, and that’s a cause for concern. So many people are affected by cancer, and it’s tempting to believe even the most far-fetched of stories, especially when they appear to have passed through the fact-checking process that we all expect from reputable news agencies. My hope is that we can sort fact from fiction once and for all and keep this particular Fox out of the henhouse.

Candice on Cancer, Part 5: We’re not in Candice anymore, Toto!

CANDICE: “I mean, when I cured myself, like, convincing my family that I’d done – like, because I was in Australia, curing myself, and they were in England – going back and even convincing them that I *had*…because they’re still eating their Macca’s [McDonalds], you know, they’re still drinking and whatnot. And trying to, like, I bought them all juices and was, like, saying, ‘hey, you can do it this way, la la la.’ It was just very, very hard, and they just didn’t want to. They didn’t want to believe, I don’t know…because it breaks people’s habits. They don’t want change, and blah blah blah.
            But even now – and I never thought they would change – more and more I’m getting, you know, my mum messaging me, ‘Candice, have you got any natural remedies for this, that?’ And she’s…she would have been a pharmaceutical woman, you know? Like ‘a pill for every ill.’ But she’s not! Like, she’s asking me for natural remedies and stuff. And to me, that’s major. She, even when I said I’d cured myself of it, she was just like, ‘Oh, you know, but the doctors still, blah blah blah, they have their place,’ which, I agree.
But I was just like, ‘But mum! I have just done it with food! Come on!’”

SNARY: “Yeah, yeah, yeah. Sure. That’s all you need!”

CANDICE: “But now, but now it’s happening. And, yeah, a lot more people are really waking up, like to…like I said, the family that I was living with when I got diagnosed, they, yeah, they too were just like, ‘No, the medical way, the medical way, the medical way.’ But then when they saw that that didn’t work, then they started, like, ‘Woah!’ and then, you know, they started buying some organic bits coming in the house, and, you know, my cancer affected everyone around me. I know that. Like, in a bad way, but ultimately a good way. You know, we dealt with the bad, and, you know, they lived through it with me, which I really appreciate and love them for, but now they’ve got something out of it.
Because, you know, little bits and bobs. And even, you know, my ex [boyfriend] is telling all his workmates…all these big lads…up in the mines, that his ex [girlfriend] cured herself of cancer, and, like, get [sic] emails through to send my little e-book to ‘em and stuff. And it’s just like, people are gradually spreading the message. Even my partner now – avid meat-eater, like, meat only, meat only – but, now he’s [sic] doesn’t eat meat. Like, and I’ve not pushed that on him…and now he’s spreading it to his, like, big lads up in the mines, you know, like ‘she’s cured herself of cancer, blah blah blah, the healthy way,’ and saying the benefits that *he’s* feeling. Without having it forced on him – he’s fully chosen that way. And I think we’re all doing our little bit, and spreading a little bit of message [sic] and stuff.”

After talking about ‘The Liberators’ for a while (a group of people who infiltrate train carriages and brainwash ordinary citizens into dancing to their tune), they have the following exchange:

SNARY: “I love the internet.”

CANDICE: “ME TOO! [emphatically slapping the table] I love it. I hope that they don’t, like, one day govern it so much that you can’t get…because apparently in America, like, they’re stopping, like, some certain pages going out, like…”

SNARY: “Yeah, I know. It’s always going to be there, but there’s more…it’s too late. There’s more of us than there is of them. So, you know, we’ll be fine.”

CANDICE: “Power to the people!”

There’s that sinister “them” again. I hate to break it to you, Snary, but I have it on good authority that the US government is actually cloning Violet, in a dastardly plot to infiltrate the internet with thousands of little super-charged cyborg Violets obsessed with truth, accuracy and reason!

CANDICE: “I had the website all set up and that, and I’ve decided that I need to offer more, I need to keep, you know, giving more content, so I’m getting the whole website redesigned, and that should be out within, like, a few weeks. I’ve got a Facebook page…”

Yeah, we know.

CANDICE: “…which is ‘healthycandy.me,’ I’ve got DreamCatchers International, which has got a [Facebook] page, it’s not got a website yet. There’s loads of different portals […] there’s loads of different health portals that I’m surrounded by that people can just tap into, and just take what they want, what resonates with them. Like, I’m not saying, you know, ‘go and juice, go and do everything,’ because, you know, it doesn’t work for everyone. Just take what you think…but mostly, is [sic] listen to yourself. Like, I’m seeing a magnetic…”

SNARY: “…what resonates with you.”

CANDICE: “Yeah, exactly! And it’s like, your body’s actually really telling you. You know, all the time, your intuition, your everything. And it’s, like, whether you choose to listen. So I’m seeing a magnetic, a biomagnetic healer. Totally didn’t believe in it, but he was like, ‘I’ll give you a free session, la la la,’ so I was like, ‘oh, I’ll give it a try.’
He told me, after that session, everything that was going on. He was like, ‘Oh, you’ve got a bad lower back, you’ve got a bad knees [sic], you’ve got bad hips,’ because I’d just *smashed* it at the gym. Like, I was doing five times a week, and now I’ve had to stop. And he just knew.
And I was like, ‘Oh, I’ve just been laying here while you’ve been putting magnets on me, there’s no way…you could have known that.’
And now I go and see him, well, he only sees me, like, every…when my body says. So I got my partner in there, and he said to him, ‘Oh, I can’t, you know, your body doesn’t need me to see you.’ You know? He was just like, after that one time, that was it.”

Wow, it’s really miraculous that these practitioners of fantasy-based medicine are able to sense Candice’s need for attention. I wonder why the boyfriend’s body didn’t need to be seen, but the pretty blonde model’s did? The universe is so mysterious.

CANDICE: “But with me, he thinks next time might be my last one, which is my fourth. But I just go into such a deep state of mediation with him that, with Rishi doing my other energy healing, with Edgar doing my biomagnetic stuff, and me looking after myself, with my naturopath at my side, kinda thing, and then doing the health, I’m surrounded by…well, I’m [sic] believe I’m doing complete health, now. Like, I’ve stopped drinking, stopped coffee, stopped meat, stopped dairy, and I’m just back to pure health, but not so extreme.
And so, I want to advocate that way. So on my website, it will be that, but it’s all about a balance. Like, if you want to have a coffee, you want to have a wine, you want to have, you know, a bit of steak...”

SNARY: “…a bit of chocolate.”

CANDICE: “Have it, yeah! Go for it. Like, because your mind will just be doing you in anyway, you know? Thoughts are more toxic, and stress is the number one. So it’s like, do it, but just balance, you know? Have your wine, but you know, have a green juice, like, before or something, you know?”

A balanced diet? Well, this pretty much describes what all of us are already doing. I’m not sure why we need a website for that.

SNARY: “Coconut water is fantastic too.”

CANDICE: “Yeah, coconut in your wine, it’s all a balance.”

Snary laughs, but Candice doesn’t. I don’t think she was actually joking.

CANDICE: “That’s the only way people can live, really. Because we know that stuff’s there now, you know? We’ve had it, we’re conditioned to want it and stuff. So just treat yourself, but just, I say, eighty twenty. Eighty twenty rule.”

Candice is referring to the “Pareto principle,” which I couldn’t be bothered Googling for you. I’m tired, people. So tired. I need to go and have a bit of steak, and a bit of chocolate, and put the wine in the coconut and drink them both up.

CANDICE: “I’m so grateful for the cancer, it was the best gift I could have given myself at the time, you know? Like it got me out of what I was lying to myself about anyway, you know? So it’s like, I could have taken the easy route and just not done it in the first place, but then I had to have the big things. Like, ‘Oh, you haven’t listened this time, [and] you haven’t listened this time, okay, you’re not gonna keep listening? Fine, we’ll f*** you up,’ you know?”

That was either Candice’s cancer, or her body, or the universe, or all three, telling her, ‘we’ll f*** you up.’

Finally, Snary thanks her for the “honour” of allowing him to share her story, and expresses the hope that it may help others.

CANDICE: “That’s what I want to do. That’s the main…I feel like, what 28 year-old gets cancer and cures it, and just does nothing with it? Like, I feel like I have to, that’s why [I’ve got] a graphic designer and what [sic], so I can put all my skills into…”

SNARY: “It’s a responsibility, but it’s a pleasant responsibility.”

CANDICE: “It is! Well, I get people asking me, like, information and stuff all the time. People that are, like, have been diagnosed and stuff. I can give them an alternate, you know, advice to what they’ve been given at the hospital. So to me it’s just like, I’m not saying, ‘don’t do that,’ but just listen, I’ve done it, I’ve been through it, I’ve done the their way [sic]. So I’m kinda glad that I done it [sic] their way. I lost my thyroid, but I’m growing it back, you know?”

SNARY: “But it’s a valuable lesson.”

CANDICE: “It is, because I can say to people, ‘Look, I’ve done their way, and it didn’t work for me. But then I’ve done another way. So before you step into their way, how…you probably had this cancer…’ – I had mine for twelve years, apparently – so it’s like, ‘you probably had this for years, why do you need to cut it out now? Why do you need to radiate it now? Why don’t you just take six months off, go and do a juice detox, do a bit of water fasting, you know, all that; and do that and then see where you are in six months, and *then* cut your body open,’ you know?”

SNARY: “Yeah, exactly. That’s the best way to do it.”

CANDICE: “That’s the best way I can say it. It’s like, ‘stop for a second.’”

SNARY: “But you have to overcome the fear. That’s the main thing.”

CANDICE: “It is very scary, because you are surrounded by people that are telling you that you’re gonna die. So you just need to be, yeah, meditate and go in yourself and be strong.”

After some last-minute pleasantries, that’s pretty much it.

On her Facebook page, Candice and her supporters are baffled as to why we’re questioning some elements of her story. I won’t repeat all the childish and woefully ungrammatical insults Candice’s supporters are hurling at incredulous visitors, but I’ll cite one comment that sums up their attitude: “I don’t understand why you can’t let people be with their lives, choices and beliefs?”

I’m going to answer that question.

After listening to the whole podcast, I think what people say about Candice is true. I think she’s probably a ray of sunshine. She’s gorgeous, she’s effervescent, she’s relentlessly cheerful, and she is nice to those people who don’t question her story or resist her aggressive proselytising.

She’s not very bright. She’s not very articulate. I think she has genuinely failed to understand much of what has happened to her, and doesn’t have the mental capacity to filter what she hears. Unfortunately, she’s also convinced of her “intellect,” her calling, and the superiority of her magical intuition. She comes across in the podcast as profoundly egocentric, and the alternative medicine ethos nurtures that. I hope she’ll grow out of it.

I don’t doubt that Candice had thyroid cancer, and as a very unwell person myself, I actually have tremendous sympathy for her. Her personal story is just that – a personal story. She has license to muddle fact with fiction as much as she likes, if it makes her feel better. But she voluntarily told her story to the public, so she invited scrutiny. That’s the deal. That is true of any book, interview, academic paper, scientific study. The world is not obliged to accept information uncritically, especially when it contradicts sound, tested principles. In fact, subjecting information to criticism and dialogue is part of good scholarship and good sense. It’s also kind of a joy, discussing new ideas – flaming bad ones, debating the merits of good ones.

As for why we’re focusing on Candice in particular, that’s also very easily explained. Candice is the third young Australian woman whose cancer story has fallen apart in recent weeks. They just keep popping up, like the heads of Cerberus. First, Jess Ainscough died of cancer after rejecting conventional medicine and publicly endorsing Gerson Therapy. Then Belle Gibson, still mourning for her friend Jess, tearfully admitted that she was “mistaken” about her cancer diagnosis, while her long history of willful deception was exposed in the media.

Before the dust had even settled on that controversy, Candice appeared in the tabloids blissfully spruiking pineapple enzymes and claiming she had cured her own cancer. Candice admitted the errors in those articles only after Violet and others brought them to her attention, affirming the virtue of dissent. But Candice still doesn’t understand the gravity of her deception, and the very great harm it may do. And though she now insists that she never said she cured her cancer herself, or that she cured it with pineapple, this podcast affirms that she did in fact make those claims.

Even in just this final instalment of the transcript, she states 7 times that she cured her cancer herself:

“I cured myself...I was in Australia, curing myself...even when I said I’d cured myself of it...I was just like, ‘But mum! I have just done it with food! Come on!’...my ex [boyfriend] is telling all his workmates…that his ex [girlfriend] cured herself of cancer...Even my partner now...he’s spreading it to his [workmates]…like, ‘she’s cured herself of cancer’...I feel like, what 28 year-old gets cancer and cures it, and just does nothing with it?”

She’s equally forthright about her plans to counsel other cancer patients to avoid or postpone medical treatment on the basis of her own miracle cure:

“I can give them an alternate, you know, advice to what they’ve been given at the hospital...I can say to people...‘you probably had this for years, why do you need to cut it out now?’”

Candice, if you’re reading this, I’ll spell it out in the simplest of terms: Jess died, Belle lied, and now you’re planning to give medical advice to cancer patients based on a false story about curing your own cancer. That might be very dangerous, especially if someone dies after taking your advice.

And to answer Candice’s supporters, why are we focusing on Candice specifically? Why now? Because it’s in the public consciousness now. Because we have an opportunity to avert a crisis. Because prevention is better than cure.

59 comments:

  1. *stands up and claps*

    Well done Ella. I'm in quite good health and don't think I could have gone through the transcribing process that you have done. Most impressive.

    It is blogs like this and posts like yours that are needed to shine a light on ill-informed nonsense being put out there by Ms Fox and her associates.

    Again well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly excellent Ella. You're so witty and spot-on. I am glad that we caught this one early before she has been able to do too much damage unchecked. She is clearly preparing to start a business doing this, and that is why I personally am challenging her. She can keep her cancer story and her cure in her own private social sphere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely. We have a chance to nip this in the bud. If your blog prevents one person with cancer from taking bad advice from Candice-Marie Fox, it will be worth the effort.

      Delete
    2. Yup, nipping in the bud is worth it all.
      Imagine, if Jess or Belle had been questioned earlier, how beneficial that would have been [sigh...]

      Delete
  3. These series have been just perfect and very witty. Thank you for the time you invested. It will be helpful because it is so much easier to notice unrealistic claims in written form. Also, when I tried to listen to the podcast myself, my "higher consciousness" simply refused to hear any of it and tuned out a few minutes in. You must be a lot more enlightened, but I have to admit I am now concerned of your third eye opening too soon, I hear it can be dangerous to regress to past life too soon:/

    Just out of curiosity - any idea what the total number of "like" in all five parts could be?


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Auma, I quite seriously started counting all the "likes," but I just couldn't put myself through it.

      I transcribed most, but not all of Candice's dialogue, and some of Snary's. I did omit some uses of the word "like." Nevertheless, in just over 12,400 words, the word "like" appears 465 times.

      To put it in perspective, there are 682 instances of the word "and" in the transcript, and 711 of the word "the."

      Delete
  4. Well done, Ella, for taking one for the team. Amazing work. And bravo to this site too. Doing the work of investigative journalists.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was well worth doing, and I hope it contributes something useful to Violet's blog and the archive of data she's curating here.

      Delete
  5. Violet, for some reason my posts aren't showing. Maybe in your spam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stellar job Ella!

    I'm just still trying to understand how she can claim the surgery and radiation didn't work!

    It reminds me of the gold/white & black/blue dress phenomenon - neither side can see what the other side sees.

    FYI the dress is gold and white;)

    'Put the wine in the coconut and drink it all up' ha ha brilliant, but the song is now stuck in my head!

    Ps I live in Perth and God help me if her liberation group ever interrupt my train journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The dress is blue and black. Pistols at dawn?

      Thanks for your comments, and yes, looking at the interview as a whole really doesn't indicate that Candice is very puzzled about her treatment.

      Delete
    2. Typical troll response. I saw a documentary on YouTube about how Govt spies are conditioned from birth to see only blue and black dresses. There is simply no reasoning with your type. Dawn it is.

      Delete
  7. Ella you are an absolute star ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *does indicate.

      Sorry, I haven't decalcified my third eye in, like, ever.

      Delete
    2. I also posted this correction in the wrong place. It's a response to RKB.

      Thank you, Anonymous, for your comment.

      Delete
  8. One correction, her ex is her ex husband not boyfriend.

    Loved reading the whole series. Delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My impression is that she had a husband, then a boyfriend, then the boyfriend she has now. Her ex-husband didn't agree with her treating her cancer herself, which is partly why their marriage broke up. So I don't think he'd be boasting to his workmates about how his ex-wife cured her own cancer. I could be wrong, though.

      Delete
  9. Well-bloody-done Ella - that was a terrific read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm afraid I must give credit to Candice for the funniest parts.

      Delete
  10. *standing ovation*

    Phenomenal work, thank you for taking the time to do this and for the witty and entertaining commentary along the way! -M

    ReplyDelete
  11. Incredible marathon effort Ella! Your sense of humour makes the ordeal of getting an insight into this persons mindset genuinely entertaining. Many literally laugh out loud moments.

    More importantly your concluding statements sum up the big picture perfectly - I hope absolutely everyone that visits this page reads every word (if not the entire transcription as least your conclusions). I certainly could not have put it better myself.

    You are wonderful :)




    PS. A look at the old healthycandy.me website via the waybackarchive reveals an interesting quote:
    "I do not know how to begin to thank you enough for the contribution that you have made to my institute. It will go a long way towards furthering my research and making the treatment much more available. This is the first large donation that I have received so far. It gives me so much hope that I can propel my work forward at a much faster pace. I still feel like I am dreaming!
    You are an extraordinary woman and the world will benefit from your story, your perseverance and your courage. You will always have a very special place within my heart. This has been a very long and challenging road for me but you have made it extra meaningful." Mark Simon, NORI

    Its impossible to know for sure how much money went from CMF to NORI (...and also whether Simon is sinisterly misleading or similarly distorted view of reality). I know there is no way of knowing for sure, but I believe that she is not motivated by greed. Just a dangerously misguided understanding of how the physiology and pathology of the human body actually occurs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect Mark Simon knows his audience.
      http://www.homeopathyworldcommunity.com/group/health-inn/forum/topics/interview-with-mark-simon
      "We will be speaking with Mark Simon, whose research, in an attempt to help his late wife's breast cancer, lead him to a remarkable discovery. He found that the mineral selenium was able to destroy cancer cells without harming normal cells and without any negative side effects. This led to clinical case studies and a design of a simple and low cost treatment protocol that appears to be universally effective for every form of cancer."
      Off on a fishing expedition to chase up his potentially Nobel prize winning theories....

      Delete
    2. Oh boy. Thanks for the comments, Jared, and for the Mark Simon thing you discovered. If I'm reading it correctly, Candice did give $6000 to Mark Simon:

      "my partner at the time...went and went in all the crib rooms [at work] and, like, got some donations for me to jump out of a plane...and ended up raising, like, six grand and paid him the money.”

      Janedj, I'm sure the pharmaceutical companies will be all over that selenium as soon as they realise it has the potential to cure "every form of cancer." We'd better buy up big now, before the price goes up.

      Delete
    3. I did a quick flick through pubmed (home of peer reviewed science) and found that selenium is not always effective against all cancers. The only research done so far that has been effective against cancer is in cell culture. Lots of things work in culture but not in a whole person. There are a few studies looking at supplementation of selenium in people with cancer. Not all good news by any means. I have a PhD in molecular biology and plan on doing some more digging into Simon's claims about selenium.

      Delete
    4. Nothing would please me more than to have someone with your background really taking a serious look at "Dr" Simon's claims. If selenium cured cancer, then it would be a standard treatment for cancer. Obviously there is no good evidence to back up a treatment regiment of selenium. Quacks are really good at taking something that has killed cancer cells in a culture and then claiming it cures cancer. It is incredibly predatory towards people with cancer, because to them it really looks like "good science".

      Delete
  12. Ella, can I just say how much I like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like like etc what you've done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can say that if you want, Amanda, but I'd really rather you didn't. ;)

      Delete
  13. Well done, Ella. Candice-Marie and her ilk are so incredibly vacuous that it makes me wonder how others are sucked in. Are they equally vacuous? Sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they must be. I find it pretty baffling, to be honest.

      Delete
  14. As a side note. Has anyone else noticed that comments have started disappearing from the Healthcandy.me Facebook page? I know Ms Fox seemed happy for people to post on there rather than her personal Facebook page as it is a public site. Seems our continued questioning has resulted in her altering that policy. Well done us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed a huge amount has been deleted. Any posts questioning the censorship will no doubt be scrubbed too.

      Delete
    2. Yes lots now missing - there was a post with 55 responses that doesn't seem to be there anymore?

      Delete
    3. Perhaps we need a Candice-Marie Fox Uncovered page?

      Delete
    4. I think she posted a sort of explanation or something. She's deleting all "negative" posts because they're bad for her health.

      Delete
    5. Of course. Didn't Jessica Ainscough essentially say the same thing? I know her sycophants jumped on me once on facey because I gently implored her to go see a proper doctor. I was being "negative" of course, and Jess could not have any "negative" energy around her. Instead of getting all that "negative energy," she laid in bed and bled non-stop from her arm for many months. Can't experience anything negative, now can we?

      When will these people understand that there is nothing positive about being in denial regarding something as serious as terminal cancer?

      Delete
    6. I can't even work out which things qualify as 'negative" and which don't. Why is it "negative" for us to query Candice's story, but it's not "negative" for her to criticise her doctors? Candice is compelled as much by outrage as by "positivity."

      Delete
  15. Ella, you are to be commended for doing an outstanding job. I honestly don't know how you could have stayed sane transcribing such a lot of unadulterated drivel. I only had to read it and if it wasn't for your own gems of wisdom interspersed with the psychobabble I might need my own padded cell.

    I think pages like this one are invaluable. These leeces thrive on social media, drive their business and spread their message on these platforms. To make an informed choice (which is something they advocate - go out, google things, do your own research) you need to hear a balanced, objective assessment of any claims. So why not use the very same platforms to send a warning message to those thinking of trying out the "pineapple cure". When faced with a terminal illness, I know it is tempting to try ANYTHING that might help and I don't begrudge people who want hope that they can reverse the cancer, but to those who peddle fake cures just for the sake of money or attention-seeking, I have nothing but the deepest contempt.

    I lost a dear friend to lung cancer, who spent the last months of his life having his bank account unashamedly fleeced by some dodgy "doctor" in the Bahamas (conveniently just outside of US juristiction) flogging off vitamin injections every three hours as a cure, backed up with their own tests reporting his improving condition. On arriving home, he was x-rayed and the cancer was found to have spread alarmingly and he died shortly afterwards.

    If you can save just ONE person from trying some quack cure, then you've done a great service.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry about your friend, Marie. I wish these stories were less common, and I hope one day they will be. I think you're exactly right - if people like Candice are going to use the internet to promote their ridiculous theories, falsified stories, exaggerated claims and untested treatments, we need to use the same platform to encourage critical thinking. Thanks for your comments!

      Delete
    2. That is very sad and it all too common. These people know that their customers are at their most desperate and are willing to believe almost anything if it means they might live. It is so abusive to people who are already going through torture.

      Delete
    3. You are so right about them taking advantage of desperate people. My friend was an intelligent man, well educated and used to evaluating things before making decisions. If he was in his normal frame of mind, he'd have been highly skeptical of the "vitamin" cure, but sadly he was told in no uncertain terms that his chances of survival with his type of cancer was 3%. He'd have sold his soul to the devil if he thought he could prolong his life and spend more time with his family. And this is when these insidious people wormed their way past his defences and into his mind with their promises of cures. They sold their home to fund this treatment! I can't get over the fact that someone thought that was okay.

      I've had some dealingsa with complete nutters when looking for something to help my husband who contracted Lyme Disease and Tick-borne encephalitis in 2011. He was a very, very sick man and I scoured every corner of the internet in an attempt to find as much about the disease as I could. That srea also abounds with people willing to treat him at a cost that also involves us selling our house and using the same arguments about doctors and Big Pharma being in bed with each other and denying sick people a cure. Luckily I am something of a skeptic and questioned things very thoroughly, which apparently they don't like. You simply have to believe, without a scrap of empirical evidence that they can cure Lyme with raw milk, or juicing or all meat diet or a three year course of antibiotics or blueberries and a secret herbal mix, just to name a few. They really have no shame.

      Delete
  16. Guys, I think her FB pages were just deleted - both Healthycandy and her personal profile are not available anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Healthycandy FB page is gone... but I think you might be blocked from her personal page. Thought I cant see much (just a couple of posts as many peoples pages would show to a non-friend) - but it still exists.

    I guess we wait and see if there are any more public steps...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if the Healthycandy FB page is really gone, that's a step in the right direction. Until the spurious elements of her story are verified, it would be very unwise to promote her personal story any further.

      Delete
    2. Nope, the page is really gone..

      Delete
    3. DreamCatchers International is gone too, though I never was sure what that business was other than posting memes other people created. Apparently though, Candice was going to use it to help people get their health in order, which I assume would utilize a lot of the quackery she blabbers on about in the podcast.

      Delete
  18. Hmm, maybe I am blocked on the personal one, although I never wrote anything there. Didn't realize you get a message "Sorry, this page isn't available
    The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed", if you're blocked. I am a very uninformed troll, I suppose. Will go look at troll education options;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she still has a personal page that has been set to private, because I went through it and snipped any posts about her cancer. You know, as any person on earth with a computer can do when your profile is public.

      Delete
  19. Most positive thing she has done since having the surgery and radiation treatment that cured her!

    She really has nothing to offer having a FB page,not even a slightly truthful account of what must have been a very scary time for her being diagnosed with cancer.
    Survival stories are harrowing enough without needing to add fantasy.

    I sincerely hope Candice does read her own podcast as it has been honestly transcribed here, if she can't see how completely messed up and irrational she portrays herself I am afraid there is no helping this girl.


    ReplyDelete
  20. "Everything happens for a reason." - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejBbpdbEhFU

    I hope she believes that. This blog is certainly here for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Her personal page is seem up at the moment but the Healthcandy.me page only loads a profile picture. Perhaps she is uploading all her scans? Perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh. Spoke to soon. It's back again as of 8:28am Australia EST

      Delete
    2. That's disappointing.

      Delete
  22. I just saw a poster advertising a new product, "Australia's first coconut water with vodka!" and thought of this ridiculousness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "first" coconut water with vodka? Are they actually expecting competition?

      Delete
  23. Is Ella still around? Hopefully she's doing ok. Her writing here was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ann! I am still around, just lurking! My health and my family's hasn't been great, so I'm not able to do much.

      Delete
  24. I was diagnosed as HEPATITIS B carrier in 2013 with fibrosis of the
    liver already present. I started on antiviral medications which
    reduced the viral load initially. After a couple of years the virus
    became resistant. I started on HEPATITIS B Herbal treatment from
    ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC there website is (ultimatelifeclinic. com) in March, 2020. Their
    treatment totally reversed the virus. I did another blood test after
    the 6 months long treatment and tested negative to the virus. Amazing
    treatment! This treatment is a breakthrough for all HBV carriers.

    ReplyDelete